Skip the drugstore chocolates, aim for awesome this Valentine’s holiday.
Check out 14 ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day that will make you love living in Central Florida even more.
Feb. 10-20 Festivals and Fairs
Why do fairs and festivals feel so date-ish? I don’t know — maybe it’s the lights and the laughter … and the smell of fried goodies.
- Harbor Nights Romantico 2017 at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel (FRIDAY the 10th ONLY) — Orlando
- Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival Feb. 18 & 19 — Quaint fishing village, lots of seafood and fun! — Bradenton area
- 27th Annual Winefest Feb. 10-12 at Lakeridge Winery — Clermont
- Florida State Fair Feb. 9-20 — Tampa
- Osceola County Fair Feb. 10-19 — Kissimmee
- 2017 Illuminated Knight Parade (SAT. the 11th ONLY) — Ybor City, Tampa
New Sweet Spots (with dinner options too)
Fancy Movie Night
Take “a night at the movies” up a notch with food, drinks and ambiance.
- Cinépolis — Davenport
- Cobb Plaza Cinema Café — Downtown Orlando
- Tampa Theatre “Sleepless in Seattle” will be shown at 7pm on Feb. 14 — Downtown Tampa
- St. Johns Rivership Co. Valentine’s cruises — Lake Monroe/Sanford
- Bok Tower Gardens — Lake Wales Bonus tip: picnic at Bok Tower then go to Cinépolis in nearby Davenport for a movie.
- Love Stories of the Night Sky at Emil Buehler Planetarium (SAT. the 11th ONLY) — Sanford